Apply / Renew Membership
Membership in AREA is separate from chapter membership, as are dues. We hope you'll join both AREA and one of its local chapters, and be active in each.
Please print off this completed form and mail it with a check for $15.00 for one year's dues to this address:
ATTN: Membership Director
P.O. Box 380614
Duncanville, TX 75138-0614.
To contact chapters for membership or renewal, go to the local chapter information page.
Here's an explanation of both types of memberships:
You're eligible for membership in AREA if you are:
- A retired civilian associate of Exchange
- Receiving an annuity under the Exchange Retirement Program
- A former employee of Exchange, including foreign national and third-country national employees
- A member of the United States Armed Forces who was assigned to duty with The Exchange
- A surviving spouse of any member in the categories listed above
- An active Exchange employee who desires to be an associate AREA member
For Exchange Associates who are about to retire, your first year's membership in AREA is paid for by The Exchange. All you have to do is fill out the membership application in your retirement package and start to enjoy the benefits of being a member of the national association. After your initial year's membership expires, you can renew for $15 per year.
When you're a member of the AREA:
- You’re eligible to serve as an officer of the local chapter;
- You’ll receive AREA publications;
- You can vote on AREA matters; and
- You are eligible for consideration for AREA's Community Service Awards.
Upon receipt of your membership application and dues payment, we'll add your name to the mailing list to receive our quarterly AREA Newsletter. This is one of several AREA publications that will keep you informed about the association and its membership and activities.
All AREA dues must be renewed upon the expiration of your membership dues plan. If dues are not paid for 30 days, on the 31st day you will be deleted from the association mailing list and dropped from membership rolls. A member who is deleted from the rolls for nonpayment of dues may be reinstated upon payment of dues as spelled out in the Bylaws.
LOCAL CHAPTER MEMBERSHIP
Each local chapter sets it own membership requirements and dues requirements. Some require AREA membership as a condition of chapter membership, and others don’t. Members moving to another geographical area may have their local chapter membership transferred to the gaining chapter, and your dues will be adjusted if there are differences in dues structures between these local chapters.
Go to the local chapter information page to find out more about individual chapter programs.